Monday, December 1, 2008

My 1st Semester

I'm three weeks away from completing my first semester teaching and getting a whole new batch of 7th graders come January. It went by faster than I thought! I've learned so much in this short period of time. I can't help but look back and laugh at the anxiety of my first few weeks. No doubt I'll be better prepared for this next semester.
These last four months have been both tiring and fun. I don't think I have ever been so exhausted, but I must say it was worth it. I finally feel comfortable with how smoothly things are going in my class. It took me awhile, but I can't stress enough the importance of good classroom management. There is no doubt in my mind that students learn better in a structured environment and after much trial and error I think I've found a system that works for me.
I'm thankful for so many things right now. Overall, my first group of students were outstanding. I only hope the next group is as good! No doubt teaching and coaching are very difficult on a family. I'm extremely grateful to my loving and supportive wife, a two year old who's full of life, and a healthy newborn baby!

No comments: